Jump to content
BiXBiT forum
BiXBiT

Firmware for ASIC BITMAIN S17, S17 PRO, T17

Recommended Posts

 what is the wattage of Antminer S17 pro (53 th) after immersion and overclock firmware is applied to miner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ini said:

 what is the wattage of Antminer S17 pro (53 th) after immersion and overclock firmware is applied to miner?

around 3.8kW at 84Th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, Claudz said:

Hi

Will this firmware work with a Bitmain T17+ version?

 

Thanks.

 

23 hours ago, Morphman said:

Yes pls could you let us know if this will work with the S17+ too?

 

thanks again!

Hi, guys. There is no firmware for + models. We wait it in a few weeks, maybe a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BiXBiT said:

 

Hi, guys. There is no firmware for + models. We wait it in a few weeks, maybe a bit more.

Brilliant , thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, can I use latest firmware on Bitmain S17 Pro 56TH? If not, when will the firmware be available?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, hamidreza said:

  Hi  Will this firmware work with a Bitmain T17e version?     Thanks.

Hi, firmware for + and E series will be added soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ini said:

Hello, can I use latest firmware on Bitmain S17 Pro 56TH? If not, when will the firmware be available?

 

Thanks.

Hi, yes you can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 When I try to update S17Pro 56TH Miner with latest firmware, I am getting the following error:

image.thumb.png.d6484a09d7cfbcc04f6ab32421633822.png

Please advise as to what I am doing wrong. It looks like I am not using the correct tarfile. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ini said:

Hello,

 When I try to update S17Pro 56TH Miner with latest firmware, I am getting the following error:

image.thumb.png.d6484a09d7cfbcc04f6ab32421633822.png

Please advise as to what I am doing wrong. It looks like I am not using the correct tarfile. Thanks

Hi, do you extract files from the Zip archive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I did no, upload the following file: antminer_s17pro-bixbit.zip should I upload as a tar? and can you send detail instructions?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ini said:

No I did no, upload the following file: antminer_s17pro-bixbit.zip should I upload as a tar? and can you send detail instructions?  Thanks

Inside archive you can find installation manual. Please, extract files first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I extracted the files first and then updated settings.cfg, I am using MacOS so I cannot use the bat files.

image.png.723f0c14b7cbaa339db876d3fd6b088d.png

So after updating settings.cfg what do I have upload to Mining rig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ini said:

Yes I extracted the files first and then updated settings.cfg, I am using MacOS so I cannot use the bat files.

image.png.723f0c14b7cbaa339db876d3fd6b088d.png

So after updating settings.cfg what do I have upload to Mining rig.

You need to unlock ssh, before updating. There are two ways to run bat: install windows using VM, or bootcamp; ask someone who have windows to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed Windows VM and I set the VM to thesame network as the S17pro miners. I get Antminer not found even though the IP Range is correct and password is also correct. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Ini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 12:17 AM, Ini said:

I installed Windows VM and I set the VM to thesame network as the S17pro miners. I get Antminer not found even though the IP Range is correct and password is also correct. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, Ini.

Try to ping your device from the VM machine.

Ping YOUR_ASIC_IP -t 

make a screenshot and attach it to your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ini said:

 

Seems, ASIC is on your network, can you also show your ini settings ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please see miner information for S17 Pro 56TH model.

{
"minertype":"Antminer S17 Pro",
"nettype":"DHCP",
"netdevice":"eth0",
"hostname":"antMiner",
"ipaddress":"192.168.5.24",
"netmask":"255.255.255.0",
"gateway":"",
"dnsservers":"",
"curtime":"14:48:01",
"uptime":"1",
"loadaverage":"0.05, 0.16, 0.17",
"mem_total":"233744",
"mem_used":"126676",
"mem_free":"107068",
"mem_buffers":"1196",
"mem_cached":"0",
"system_mode":"GNU/Linux",
"ant_hwv":"19.10.1.3",
"system_kernel_version":"Linux 4.6.0-xilinx-gff8137b-dirty #25 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 23 15:30:52 CST 2018",
"system_filesystem_version":"Wed Dec 25 09:47:07 CST 2019",
"cgminer_version":"1.0.0"
}
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 6:50 PM, Ini said:

Please see miner information for S17 Pro 56TH model.
 

Hi, you need to flash your firmware by using SD-card. 

Instruction:

Download the archive with the firmware image, links:

for S17/S17Pro http://bixbit.io/assets/firmware/S17_SD_Recovery.rar

for T17 http://bixbit.io/assets/firmware/T17_SD_Recovery.rar

Extract the archive files to the root of SD card
Unplug the ASIC from the power source and insert SD card into it
Turn on the ASIC - two lights will light up
Wait until the ASIC appears in the network with a new IP address
Remove the SD card
Check whether the firmware version has changed
Unlock SSH according to the firmware instructions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you that worked and I was able to install firmware. So my next question is how long does it take for auto-tuning process to complete?
image.thumb.png.583870461272bad5b948234a752b58ff.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The miner fan noise goes up and down and is not consistent is this caused by the auto-tuning feature? is this normal operation? Also is there a way to disable auto-tuning?

 

Thanks,

Ini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ini said:

Thank you that worked and I was able to install firmware. So my next question is how long does it take for auto-tuning process to complete?
image.thumb.png.583870461272bad5b948234a752b58ff.png

Glad to help.

Around 2 hours, and i strongly recommend you to finish this process without interrupting.

I see your frequency is 450, this is very low. Use profile and then complete autotune to make your ASIC works at maximum performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ini said:

The miner fan noise goes up and down and is not consistent is this caused by the auto-tuning feature? is this normal operation? Also is there a way to disable auto-tuning?

 

Thanks,

Ini

This is normal process. Don't worry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...